We are a BSI ISO 14001 Environmental Management System accredited company with Climate Change Agreements for both manufacturing installations.
Skymark is committed to conducting its business in a manner that manages environmental issues responsibly. We fulfil this commitment by:
- Complying with environmental regulations
- Conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner
- Applying the waste hierarchy principles in our waste streams.
- Promoting environmental responsibility among our employees
- Striving to ensure that suppliers agree to comply with environmental regulations
- Pursuing continuous improvement in our environmental performance
Click on the links for our Environmental Policy and certification
Our war on CARBON
Click on the link for information relating to actions we are taking to reduce our carbon footprint.
Skymark Packaging International and our war on carbon
To satisfy customer demand for degradable packaging products Skymark has designed the SKYDEG range of oxo-degradable films. These products are both unique and environmentally friendly. Although not compostable, once used they can be recycled as normal. Later in landfill conditions they will degrade far quicker than conventional packaging products into micro fragments which are digestible by micro organisms.
As a conscientious packaging film supplier we actively promote the ethos of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. However, as only a few local authorities supply a recycling service for general purpose PE waste, Skymark believe its SKYDEG range of films, which can be recycled or will degrade over time in landfill, still allows for the responsible disposal of PE packaging and minimises the effects of plastic waste on the environment.
SKYDEG FILMS WILL FULLY DEGRADE BUT CAN STILL BE RECYCLED