Cast PP Extrusion
This is the latest addition to Skymark's extrusion capability and was commissioned at our Scunthorpe site in September 2012. The multilayer 2.8 metre wide high output line is specifically designed to support the UK market by offering high quality locally produced CPP films for many market sectors.
The SKYLENE range of Cast Polypropylene films offers the following benefits:-
- Outstanding optical properties
- High transparency
- High gloss
- Excellent moisture resistance
- High mechanical stiffness
- Excellent multi-layer seal
- Good printability
- Compliance with food regulation
- High puncture resistance
The markets and applications for these materials can be very diverse and include:
- CPP for lamination applications
- Cast polypropylene films are ideal for produce wrap due to their high puncture resistance, excellent sealing and optical properties. Food applications can also include flexible packaging for retort and lidding applications.
- Optically clear cast polypropylene film is engineered to meet the demanding requirements for textile packaging with excellent sealing properties
- Stationery applications for binders, folders and sheet protection; also used widely for CD/ DVD sleeves and covers. CPP films have superior dimensional stability and excellent lay flat characteristics.
Open these links for more information:
Food and Drink News