Health & Safety
Skymark is totally committed to the health and safety of its employees, stakeholders and neighbours. We operate a HSG 65 based Health and Safety Management System at each manufacturing site.
Our key Health and Safety objectives:
- To provide control of the Health and Safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their Health and Safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them relevant training eg. IOSH Managing and Working Safely
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
The British Safety Council have been in place since the 1950’s. The organisation was founded by James Tye (Who was a driving force behind the Health & Safety At Work Act 1974),it is one of the world’s leading Health & Safety organisations alongside the likes of IOSH unlike other organisations the Council’s members are mostly companies. Skymark became a member in October 2016 after being invited to join by the BSC. We now have a wealth of information available at our disposal which is cross industry in the UK and abroad and will receive up to date bulletins on regulatory H&S Law amendments meaning that Skymark can make sure we operate within and in most cases over and above the legal requirements with regard to H&S. We will also receive up to date information on accidents and incidents relevant to our industry which means we can act quicker to make our own workplace a safer one. The affiliation with The British Safety Council can only put us in a better stronger position with regard to business development and potential customers/ clients. The Health & Safety within Skymark has massively improved over the last couple of years this is because we have raised the awareness of the staff we have by investing in them and their training, becoming a corporate member of the British Safety Council will further improve the awareness with the information and training that is on offer.